It’s time to get crazy! How crazy, you ask? How about founding a new nation from scratch Thomas Jefferson crazy? How about setting off into an unknown wilderness without a map Lewis & Clark crazy? How about writing a book in today’s economic and publishing climate? Now that’s really crazy!
Today is the official release date of our second novel The Fairest Portion of the Globe. And because we’re crazy, we’re giving away the book. In two contests! So if you’re going to enter, DO IT NOW! At these prices, you can’t afford NOT to enter!
There are two ways to win:
1. Today is the last day to enter the contest at Historical Novel Review to win a set of our novels! And while you’re there, read our interview, and today’s excerpt. But hurry! The winner will be announced tomorrow!
UPDATE: The winner is Kitty! Thanks everyone for being such good sports and playing along with the contest. Kitty, we will be getting your set of books off to you in the next mail.
2. Enter today’s trivia contest, right here at “American Heroes.” The first person to answer these questions correctly in the comments will win a copy of The Fairest Portion of the Globe. Think you know? Then for a copy of the book and ever-lasting comment glory, enter now!
- Name the author of the following quotation: “I know the case is desperate, sir. . . no time is to be lost. Was I shoer of enforcement, I should not attempt it. Who knows what fortune will do for us? Great things have been affected by a few men well conducted. Perhaps we may be fortunate.”
- On this date, 231 years ago, the author of the quote and “a few men well conducted” made frontier history. What did they do?
- To whom was the author writing?
If no one guesses correctly, I will begin to add clues, so check back later if you are stumped.
UPDATE: OK, here we go.
Clue #1. The author of the quote founded the city of Louisville.
Clue #2: The town where this happened was once known as Post St. Vincent’s.
Clue #3: The author wrote to the man best known for saying, “Give me liberty or give me death.”
UPDATE: The winner is Katy! Katy, by being brave enough to play, you showed your willingness to march with Clark through the frozen swamps. It’s thanks to people like Katy that we even have a West to explore! Katy, I will be sending your book off to you shortly.
What if you don’t win? Just wait, there’s much more. Check back next week for more giveaway madness! Or you could always do something crazy yourself, and buy our books! They are available through Amazon, or you can buy direct from our publisher and have the book shipped out the next day — autographed by ol’ Frances Hunter hersel(ves)! Check out the incredible deal if you buy the set of both novels — you save a whopping $12.95!
Want to buy it for your e-reader? Both novels are available in a variety of formats, including Kindle, from Smashwords. Download them instantly today!